Code of Conduct for Coaches
Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players and the spectators that accompany their players as it relates to the referee, coaches, players and spectators on the other team. Verbal and/or physical abuse will not be tolerated.
- Remember that players participate for pleasure and winning isn’t everything.
- Understand and operate within the rules and spirit of the game and teach the players to do the same. Never ridicule or yell at players for making a mistake or not winning.
- Display control, respect and professionalism to all involved with soccer and encourage the players to do the same.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Understand that your attitude can influence the players, coaches and spectators and remember that your behavior is a reflection of the South Dundas Soccer Association.
- Understand that your role as a coach is to contribute to the overall success, physical, and athletic growth of the players through participation in soccer.